This being a colour diary.
Actually some of my lectures have been quite heavily based on colour as a form of composition, using the idea of contrast as a focal point to an image.
This, in turn, turned out to be quite useful for a concept I was drawing up for an unrelated lecture.
The idea was, most of the scene would be in oranges and reds - deep and warm. It's supposed to be a murder scene based off of cluedo - so naturally I decided the murder weapon should be a candlestick - and that it should be blue - opposite on the colour wheel. This would lead the eye to that point and, hopefully, the people looking on at it would work out the story.Not only this, but I have recently rediscovered one of my books which I bought about two years ago called 'Dreamworlds'. It's mainly on composition, but I couldn't help but notice the really lovely colour palette used in some of the pages.




(Images from http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2188193.Dream_Worlds )
I really liked how muted some of the artists' panels were, sometimes only in grey and black, and how vibrant they were at other points - like the lion king panels.
No comments:
Post a Comment